So Thursday we got up and drove in Idaho (very beautiful) and crossed the border into a foreign country. I finally used my passport to get into Canada. Here's us waiting in line at the border.

We drove into Kootenay National park. It is blues and greens and it feels lilke you're on top of the world. This is Columbia River.

We stopped everywhere we could and loved all the nature. We also went through Banff National park.

This is a place where long ago the aboriginals (not indians or native americans) came to get colored dirt to make dyes/paint. This was called bubbling pots.

At the end of the day we went to the tourist town of Banff and ate a delicious meal at a fancy restaurant. I took a picture of the salad with pumpkin seeds and squash. I also had Bison Stroganoff. It was delicious and now I can say I ate buffalo.

After all this fun day we drove back to our hotel which I hadn't written down the name of. We got stuck in construction and it started to pour down rain but we found it and collapsed in a tacky hotel.
Through all this we discovered that Verizon was going to charge us for each minute we were on the phone and my VZ Navigator wouldn't work in Canada. Good thing Dad can read a map.
The Canadian Rockies are beautiful.
I love you all. Mom
Yep. Thursday we got up and headed to Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment