

Denver has a preschool tuition assistance program. Each year they have a study done to make sure their money is going to assist children to be more prepared for kindergarten.
They randomly choose 200 families to participate in the evaluation program. That's where I come in.
I contact the family chosen and explain the program to them and get them to sign a parent consent form. Then I contact the teacher of the child and make a time to go into the classroom and conduct an assessment.
I drive all through Denver to all different kinds of schools. Some are in public elementary schools and some are in community sites like churches, YMCAs, homes, etc.
The assessment takes about 20 minutes and involved vocabulary, pre reading and pre math skills. I give the teacher a form to fill out also. If the child is bilingual we give the test in english and spanish both.
We gather all this information, score the tests and send a $10 grocery gift card to the teachers who really follow through with the form. We have to have all this done by the end of the semester.
Next semester we do a follow up assessment with the children and then we can prove that children are learning in preschool.
Pretty sweet, right?
I guess because I've been in Eagar for so long I am a rubbernecker everywhere I go. I gape at wierd statues, homeless people, beautiful buildings, accidents, you name it I stare.
So far it's a fun adventure.
I love you all. Mom

1 comment:
Why is there a horse on a giant chair? sometimes I just don't understand art. haha. Im glad you are enjoying your job, and staring at things. Go to the mall and people watch, it's the best!
Post a Comment