Sunday, April 3, 2016

My new life as a teenager!

So Don and I moved into an assisted living facility here in Logan.  We have out own individual apartment and there is always someone available to help with Don if he needs something or falls.  They have a dining room with 3 meals a day and they'll clean our little apartment.
I feel like a teenager.  I don't have a cane, walker, wheelchair or rascal.  When I tell people I go to work everyday they look at me like I'm an alien.  I feel pretty young.
I think I'll share funny parts of my life in this new blog idea.
The first meal we had gave us creamed corn.  I didn't know people really ate it.  I felt happy to have teeth to be able to chew regular corn.  The next day there was a weird textured custard for dessert.  I shouldn't complain because someone else cooks and does dishes for me.  They always ask if you want a small portion or a regular portion.  I see in the eyes of the nice young girls that serve us that they're really asking if we want small or fat people portion.  Oh well.  I always get fat people portion.  Another good think is there is always veggies and fruit!!!  One of the ladies that cooks looks just like the lunch lady in every sitcom ever.  She is tall, wears a hair net and has quite the mustache.
My goal in the coming days is to get some pictures of the funny people we dine with.
I love you all!  Mom

No comments: