I was baptized in 1962 in California. I remember being in white and being nervous because there was a kid before me who had to be dunked numerous times. My dad was prepared and we had practiced in the living room and he performed the baptism flawlessly. I also remember going out for ice cream afterwards.
I recieved my endowments in 1976 in the Los Angeles temple. My friends Bobby and Charlene were being sealed that day so afterwards I climbed stairs to a high sealing room and watched them begin their life. (Charlene just found me on facebook and I hope to see her when we go to Utah next.) I remember the strangeness of garments and the determination to live those covenants.
I was sealed on 10 February 1979 in the St. George temple. This covenant began my forever family. I remember looking over the altar at my handsome husband and thinking we would live happily ever after.
President Hunt encouraged all in our stake to work on three aspects of the covenants we made.
- He reminded us to rescue those that needed rescuing. I need to work harder on my visiting teaching. I usually wait until the end of the month to ambush my ladies. I will think and call them more often.
- He encouraged us to attend the temple more often. Don and I need to make that short trip to Snowflake a couple of times a month. We will!
- He refreshed our memory of fast offering. There are lots of people who are suffering financially. I can help and I will make this a priority.
Isn't the church great?
I love you all. Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment